The Levering Mill Tribute House has the ideal space for your special occasion!
Birthdays & Anniversaries
Nonprofit Events & Galas
In the early 1920’s, The Women’s Club of Bala Cynwyd was the formidable force behind Lower Merion Township’s first library, a branch of the Red Cross and the Suffrage movement. It was powerful enough financially to purchase a lot and build a club house large enough to hold its activities and meetings.
In 2016, The Women’s Club of Bala Cynywyd donated its two buildings to another nonprofit, The Merion Foundation, in order to focus on its charitable activities. In keeping with their 90-year tradition, the properties now known as the Levering Mill Tribute House (Ballroom and Library), continue to be used as an event and community meeting space. These two fine buildings pay fitting tribute to the history of this Lower Merion community and to the women who dedicated their time and efforts to its betterment. All event rental income supports the preservation of this historic facility.
The hardwood floors in the light-filled Ballroom make for a versatile space for all occasions with a stage large enough for any party entertainment. The Library, with its original shelving and replace accented with original Moravian tiles, can accommodate smaller parties and gatherings.